|Twin Cities Spoke FAQs|
The Twin Cities Spoke of the International Christian Cycling Club
Who are we?
We are the Twin Cities chapter, or 'Spoke', of the International Christian Cycling Club (the IC3). We are people who have two passions. The first is Jesus Christ, our Savior, Redeemer and Friend. The second is bicycling.
Why do we exist?
The Twin Cities Spoke exists to:
Who is invited to participate?
Anyone and everyone! We do not require you to be an IC3 member to ride with us. We do not require that you attend any particular church. In fact, you do not even have to be a Christian. Our club rides are aimed at all abilities and pace preferences – we have groups everywhere from serious racers to kids on tag-alongs.
Why ride with us?
· Exercise. Come and get a couple hours of invigorating physical activity.
· Fellowship and Community. Meet with good people for interesting conversation before, during and after rides.
· Training. For those looking for a challenge our more spirited and race-oriented rides are a good opportunity to work on riding in a group, endurance, speed, technique, bike handling skills and race tactics.
· Christian ministry. This is, after all, our primary goal. Join with others to create a mission that impacts our community positively!
Where do we call home and where do you ride?
We have rides that start at Tonka Cycles [Shady Oak Road in Hopkins]
When do you meet?
Our Wednesday night ride meets at Tonka cycles ready to ride from . Our Saturday ride meets 8:30 am at Christ Victorious Church. We also target club presence at local events through the season. Also, keep an eye on our Forum for rides that might "pop-up" spontaneously.
Why spend $50 to join when I can ride for free?
· Benefits to you
1. Our jersey represents who we are and what our mission is. As we are part of the IC3, only members can get them.
2. As a member you will have access to enhance your wardrobe with stylish IC3-Wear. All of the jerseys, jackets, socks, hats… are available to IC3 members. The wide range of additional clothing (not required to be a member) also costs less than many other clubs, many who require you to buy a certain amount to participate.
4. Check out the 'Links' page. There you will find a listing of sponsors who offer us a substantial discount on the products and services that they offer. The discount list is only available to members.
· Benefits to others
Even though the rides and events are so much fun, the IC3 is business. Our business is spreading the word of Jesus Christ. The methods and environment are non-threatening, but work is being done.
· Whether you are a capable mentor or looking for wisdom, our diverse group can be a place where Christian maturity can be started, nurtured, and shared!
· Benefits for all
Our work takes money. Your $50/year membership fee supports both the international and local organizations. It is used for administration of the club, maintaining the website, creating a presence at events, etc.
What's available on your website?
How can I get more information or get involved?